On my way to 365 recipes in 365 days. Here is recipe 1.
Super bowl is coming up. Now I’m not really a football fan, but I am a fan of the snacks and the commercials. I love appetizer food and the super bowl is a great reason to make a full meal of appetizers.
This dip is also really great as an “appeaser” to the hungry family members while you finish making dinner. I usually have a few hands in the kitchen trying to sneak little bits of food while I am cooking. Set this on the table and they will be away from your meal prep. Works like a charm
Warm Black Bean Dip
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp canola or olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz refried beans
1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
1/3 cup picante sauce
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
2. Add in the black beans and mash gently. Stir in the refried beans.
3. Stir in the tomato, picante sauce, cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir just until heated through.
4. Remove from heat and stir in fresh lime juice
5. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy