On my way to 365 recipes in 365 days. This is recipe 12.
This chicken is SO.GOOD. Really, I try not to use all caps, to avoid that yelling effect, but I couldn’t help myself. This recipe has been floating around Pinterest for months and I am kicking myself for waiting so long to make it. If it didn’t take so much “stand time” in the kitchen, I would make it weekly.
Know what I mean by “stand time?” I have two toddlers and they are busy and fun and require that I always have one hand free tend to them. This chicken is amazing and worth the time, but you will need about 30 minutes to tend to this chicken before putting it in the oven to bake.
This is far better than any take out or restaurant sweet and sour chicken. Make this and impress your guests.
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 cup corn starch
2 eggs, lightly beaten with 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut chicken in to 1/2 in chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper
3. Coat with corn starch, then dip in egg. Set aside on a plate.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown pieces of chicken in oil until brown on each side but not cooked through.
5. Place browned chicken in 9X13 baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake in oven for 60 minutes stirring and turning chicken every 15 minutes.
6. Serve with rice and devour.