Tuesday, December 20, 2011
I have been eating this meal since I was just a toddler. My grandma originally introduced us to this recipe and my mom often made it at home as well. I like to make this recipe “family size” by doubling it and making it in a 9X13 baking dish. But you can also use 2 pie plates if you like the actual pie shape the best.
This is the recipe for one pie
6 oz spaghetti
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
6 oz can tomato paste
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie plate
2. Cook spaghetti according to package and drain. Mix with butter, eggs and parmesan cheese
3. Brown hamburger and onion. Drain. Stir in un-drained tomatoes, paste, oregano and garlic salt. Heat through.
4. Form spaghetti into a buttered pie plate to make crust. Spread cottage cheese over crust and fill with tomato mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake 8 more minutes.
Let set 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!