Oh man oh man! These were totally drool worthy. SO GOOD! Don’t be fooled by the ingredients. The Mountain Dew does something similar to magic in the pan.
2 apples, peeled. I used Honey Crisp apples
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 sticks butter (1 cup) Use real butter only
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar mix
1 cup Mountain Dew
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 baking pan
2. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple in to 8 slices. So, 16 slices total
3. Roll each apple slice in cinnamon sugar mix.
4. Roll in a crescent roll, beginning at the wide end of the dough.
5. Place the 16 rolls in the greased 9X13 pan
6. Melt butter in the microwave. Stir in sugar, but don’t worry about mixing it too much. Add in the vanilla, stir and pour over the rolled apples.
*Here comes the MAGIC*
7. Pour the Mountain Dew just around the edges of the pan. Do not pour it all over the rolls.
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve warm with the buttery sauce over top.
Seriously, these lasted about 10 minutes. They were so good I think I will have to make them again soon