On my way to 365 recipes in 365 days. Here is recipe 47.
My cousin and I decided that it was time to try a new cupcake recipe. So, we set to Pinterest. Carrie doesn’t usually love chocolate but we both really love Oreos. So, we knew this would be a great recipe.
There is a full Oreo cookie hiding in the bottom of the cupcake liner. Surprise!! An extra treat!
I had seen this frosting recipe floating around Pinterest and I have been dying to try it. I tweaked it and doubled the amount and it was amazing! Paired with the chocolate cupcake, it tasted just like Oreo filling. Oh my landy, I was licking my fingers while eating this one.
See that delicious Oreo just hiding in the bottom of that cupcake. Make these right away and your friends and family will love you forever.
Oreo Cupcakes (recipe altered from Annie’s Eats)
36 Oreo cookies, regular size, for bases
36 Oreo cookies, mini size, used to top off the cupcakes once frosted
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 36 muffin tins with cupcake liners and lay 1 Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to creamed mixture. Stir to combine.
5. Pour batter in to lined muffin tin over Oreo cookie. Only fill the cups half full.
6. Bake 18-22 minutes until done in the middle.
Top with with frosting
Whipped Marshmallow Frosting
1 cup butter, room temp
2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1. Mix butter and Fluff until smooth with a beater. Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix on low.
2. Add in milk and turn speed to medium. Mix until smooth and fluffy