Delicious ground beef with seasonings and green chillies
It is a very pretty dinner to serve
At our house, we love Mexican food. My dad is known for “taco nights” at his house. He knows how to host, let me tell you. And his tacos are just so yummy. Whenever I dice tomatoes, I still think of him standing right behind me giving me very detailed instructions. Be watching for a tutorial on how to dice tomatoes beautifully, the easy way. Think less mush, less mess.
This dish I found in a Taste of Home magazine. It is one full of dishes for using ground beef. When I first saw this recipe and picture, I thought that it would be perfect! However, it was not what I thought it would be. This is more seven layer dip style than it is salad style. But I adapted it to make it a more salad type dinner.
Cobre Valley Taco Casserole (Salad)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped for salad
- sour cream, salsa, and guacamole for topping
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco mix, water, beans and green chilies if desired.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese, green onions, tomato, olives and chips.